March 25, 2011

Sprite Stitch for Japan Pokemon Project

So the Sprite Stitch forum is at it again, unofficially this time. We want to make a quilt/scrapbook for each first generation Pokemon with proceeds from an auction or sale going to Japan's relief efforts. ♥ Nothing is finalized yet but some are already stitching! I wanted to post my patterns here because I'm excited about the project. The backgrounds may change but the sprites should remain the same. I have two patches designed so far but may take on more if needed. The squares will be 70x70 stitches on 14 count aida.
My first patch will be #104 and #105, Cubone and Marowak. I grabbed these guys right away, they're so cute. =] Then I remembered adorable #37, Vulpix, and regal #38, Ninetales. As soon as my designs are deemed sufficient, I'll begin stitching Cubone and Marowak. ♥

ETA: These will be the official ones now. We're sticking to only sky, water and grass for backgrounds. A little boring but oh well!

5 comments:

Joysze said...

I don't know much about Pokemon, but I love the one on the right.... Marowak, is it? Looking forward to seeing these in stitches. :D

Unknown said...

have never heard.good post.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I don't know much about Pokemon either (other than that Pikachu is ridiculously cute!), but I think both your sprites look wonderful, and that stitching for Japan is a great endeavour! I don't envy all the background fill though, no matter how pretty the green. Or are you using green fabric? Best of luck with the project!

Karyn said...

Yeah, I will have to stitch the whole thing. I'm not dreading it too much; filling seems to go fast. =]

DocStout said...

Good choices, especially looking forward to seeing the Cubone patch.