March 6, 2011

Snivy Bead Sprite

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...And I just realized I've been playing Pokemon for fifteen bloody years. It doesn't seem possible. Like a good Pokefan, I ran out to purchase Pokemon White today.  I had to buy the DSi bundle. It's so bad ass and I can retire my pink DS Lite. Reshiram and Zekrom are etched onto the DSi. ♥ I know the 3DS is right around the corner but  none of the launch titles really appeal to me other than Resident Evil. I'll be waiting for the Ocarina of Time port. =]

I always choose the grass starter for obvious reasons. Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko and Turtwig are pimps. Cyndaquil almost brought me to the dark side but I can say I've always gone green. Pokemon White is definitely no exception as Snivy is just so awesome! And he keeps getter cooler as he evolves. Here is my new starter with whom I shall concur Unova:

4 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm waiting for the 3ds to come out before I purchase any more games! still attempting to complete spirit tracks, on the final levels now :) lush bead sprite btw, has it really been 15 years??? ah well, we just gotta catch 'em all ;P

Karyn said...

Spirit Tracks felt like such a short game even with collecting bunnies and train parts. The final boss is epic though. =] I have one more DS came coming on preorder, Okamiden. Then, no new DS games for me for a while...maybe.

DocStout said...

I'm hearing a lot about Pokemon Black and White, how they are great entries into the series for people who never "got it", and how the game actually addresses the ethics of capturing and training creatures to battle.

Karyn said...

Yes, I noticed right away the game is more self aware. Fighting causes damage to property, the ethics of "owning" Pokemon, etc. The character I am assuming is the villain (keeping myself unspoiled) is one who is suggesting humans do not understand Pokemon and maybe should not be training them. I'm very interested in the story for once. I am starting to feel guilty about beating a Pokemon within an inch of its life to trap it in a ball so we can grow together... >_>