June 14, 2011

It's Marowak!

My first Patchwork Gym patch is complete! Number 105 in the Pokedex, Marowak also has issues in his life: "From its birth, this savage Pokemon constantly holds bones. It is skilled in using them as weapons." I love stitching Pokemon but Marowak gave me some trouble. Firstly, his belly was giving me flashbacks of Donkey Kong. Orange shading. -_- Second, I had to frog the grey shading on his skull. I had a completely incorrect colour (a light brown) kitted to that symbol for some reason. My favourite part of this stitch is Marowak's eye; so menacing but pretty. ♥
Cubone and Marowak
Pokemon Pearl
NDS
Started: May 29, 2011
Finished: June 13, 2011
Fabric: 14 count white aida
Colours: 26
Size: 4900 stitches

I kitted up my next Pokemon patch but won't start it quite yet. Tomorrow I will draw a name for my Over 9000 Giveaway and get started on something for the winner. My goal is to have it stitched up, mailed out and received so I can post it for my July 4 blogversary. =]

4 comments:

anojaa said...

They look good! It makes me want to play at pokemon again ;)

MRanthrope said...

I really don't think I have the patience needed for this. I admire you and your abilities.

Jim said...

Thats awesome stiching, and even better we have the evolved model on there too. share some more, psyduck would be epic!

Avery_Goodgame said...

Impressed.
As.
Crap.
Nice job :y